[Support request] Elements – Blocks Priority

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements – Blocks Priority

Home Forums Support Elements – Blocks Priority

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Scott

I’m trying to put multiple Elements on a page, using the normal hook location and hook priority to establish the sequence and placement.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. If you want to use Blocks, use a Block Element – Hook. If you’re inserting code, a Hook Element would work.

Both should have priority settings and Hooks available.

Hope this clarifies!

Scott

No, this doesn’t clarify, I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall…

When you do an Add New for an Element and choose the Block type, you don’t get the hook metabox…you do not have the option to set the hook or priority. There is no choice called “Block – Hook”, even though that is how it’s displayed in the list after the Element has been created. Here’s a screenshot: https://webmagic.studio/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Screenshot-from-2022-07-26-06-50-16.png

Scott

OK, I figured out what’s going wrong. Inside the Block editor, you have to do an Options (three vertical dots in upper right) > Preferences, go to the Panels tab and enable Block Element. Then I get exactly what’s needed, as you’ve described. See https://webmagic.studio/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Screenshot-from-2022-07-26-07-01-44.png

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

See here:

When adding a new Element, there is only one Block element to choose from.
    Once created you should see the options to select the Hook and its Priority in the Element sidebar metabox.

Scott

Yes, what you just illustrated is the Hook metabox, and it wasn’t being displayed because the Preferences option was off. Now that I realize there is such an option, I’ve turned it on and everything is as you have shown. Thanks for the video, it illustrates things perfectly.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.