[Support request] Elements and Headers bug

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements and Headers bug

Home Forums Support Elements and Headers bug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mary

I’m calling it a bug cause it’s bugging me.
    I’ve set a header in elements to display a responsive css Logo in the header area.
    The CSS Logo header is working great BUT:

The header is displaying BELOW the menu. It is not displaying ABOVE the menu.
    The Menu Location is set to display Below Header (Customize – Layout – Primary Navigation – Menu Location – Below Menu)
    In the Edit Element page the Site Header is set to have the Navigation Location – Below the Header and No Merge with the Content.
    When I use the NetScape inspector it calls the DIV Class the “inside-page-hero” but in the Elements Page the Type displays as a Header.

Also the Header is set to display site wide BUT it does not display on the Blog page.

I have searched the documents, and the forum.
    I am using the latest premium GP plugin and theme.
    What am I missing? I’d love a clue.

Sorry it has a coming soon plug-in because it’s the development site. If you send me an email address I could set you up as a subscriber so you can see it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can use support@generatepress.com as the e-mail address so we can see the issue.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So if I understand currently, you want the header element to be below the primary navigation?

If so there is currently no option for that but you can use this PHP snippet:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/page-header-image-above-menu/#post-288568

Also the Header is set to display site wide BUT it does not display on the Blog page.

I’m guessing your front page is not the blog page? If so try adding Blog under the display rules.

This is determined by WordPress conditional tag and there isn’t too much we can do about it:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

Let me know if this helps or not 🙂

Mary

No I want the header element to be above the primary navigation. I have placed the Header html and CSS in Elements so that it is responsive. But it is displaying under the Primary Nav even though I have specified (in all the places I can find – and BTW what takes precedence?)

Here are screen caps: https://imgur.com/a/fptiYJH

The bar with the coloured squares should be on top of the navigation.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Header Elements naming can be a little confusing. The default layout is Site Header > Nav ( if set below Header > Header Element.

To move the Nav below the Header requires a little PHP Snippet:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','craig_move_navigation' );
    function craig_move_navigation() {
        remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 5 );
        add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 15 );
    }
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.