[Resolved] Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elementor

Home Forums Support Elementor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hi,

I have GP Premium, and recently purchased Elementor Pro.

I didn’t really want to go down the elementor/page builder route, but as I’m not a coder I find myself being drawn more towards elementor.

I’m interested in your opinions, the pro’s and con’s, if any, to using both GP and E together?

My main concern is page speed. Will using elementor slow down my pages/site?

Apparently font awesome is loaded twice if you use elementor and gp, or any other theme with font awesome installed. Is this still an issue?

Thanks
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This question is a bit broad…

I guess the pro would be that you can make the site easier, although I’ve never needed to use Elementor myself.

Cons would be that the site will definitely get heavier as Elementor loads a lot of things, but we’ve also seen site score of 90% if GP and Elementor so it’s best to test yourself πŸ™‚

You can use this filter for FontAwesome: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_fontawesome_essentials/

Stephen

Thanks Leo.

Lots of people say Elementor doesn’t increase load time, however, I created a blank page, added a heading and a page background shape, and that was enough to add 2 seconds to the load time. Although, I’m not entirely sure I trust the page speed sites for accuracy.

Would be good to hear other opinions too…

Also, any feedback on whether or not elementor affects SEO, would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately we are not familiar with Elementor.

Might be best to ask this in our Facebook forum GeneratePress Community or Elementor Community to get a broader audience πŸ™‚

Stephen

Hi Leo,

I get what your saying, but there’s quite a few elementor users hanging around here, and I’m more interested to here what the gp / elementor combo users have to say, rather than just the elementor fan club πŸ™‚

Thanks anyway.

Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Our Facebook forum GeneratePress Community is definitely the best place for that. Tons of people using GP + Elementor combo on there πŸ™‚

Stephen

Ok thanks, I’ll pop in.

Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.