[Support request] Elementor Template Section has content instead of being blank.

Home Forums Support Elementor Template Section has content instead of being blank.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

In the Elementor custom templates, I get a template preloaded by GeneratePress instead of having a blank canvas. This does not happen with the Astra theme that I use. Please let me know how to remedy this situation. I can not build on an already filled canvas.

Elementor Template Section has content instead of being blank.

A picture has been attached.

https://snipboard.io/9ZUnfO.jpg

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand.

The page you’ve linked is basically 100% coming from Elementor including the header footer etc.

Nothing is really coming from GP.

GP definitely doesn’t pre-load any Elementor templates for you when you activated the plugin.

Fernando

Hi Leo

Having the same problem. (using GP pro Version, all Addons OFF)
    I’m going to try to explain:

When you start a neu Template in Elementor Theme Builder u can:

Make a New Page
    With this choice you can Start Designing yr own Pages (Header/Footer/Single/Post/404/etc). Here you can decide how you want to work: Default/Blank Canvas or Fullwidth. Here you will receive a Blank page with all Padding/Margins coming from Elementor. Perfect.

Now, if a want to make a new SECTION and open it with Elementor, you see a Page with Sidebars/Widgets, you cannot decide if you want Blank Canvas or Fullwidth… and the Spacing is not consinstent with my Elementor Setup.

Screenshots

I cannot figure out where is this Information coming from…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that is an issue you should raise with Elementor…. however you can try the following:

1. Enable the Elements Module in Appearance > GeneratePress
    2. Create a new Layout Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

2.1 Set the Content Container to Full Width, and Disable the Sidebars etc.
    2.2 Set the Display Rules to Template > All Templates.

Fernando

Hi David

That worked perfectly…. Thank you!

Somehow Elementor oversee my setup when the default/Theme is used and pick the Generatepress standard. With your changes it works… important to know maybe: i made a mistake declaring the width at the Content container… This field should stay empty.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.