[Resolved] Elementor Image Gallery: Images link to GP "attachment page"

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elementor Image Gallery: Images link to GP "attachment page"

Home Forums Support Elementor Image Gallery: Images link to GP "attachment page"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt Singh

…and that attachment page appears to not be able to be edited with Elementor. I want a lot more control over that page. I want it to look like the rest of the pages on my website. It seems like it would be better if I could link to a page of my choosing instead of this “attachment page”, or alternatively edit it with Elementor. I’m sure that not all this is GP related.What do you think?

GeneratePress 2.0.1
    GP Premium 1.5.6
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Attachment pages are generated automatically through WordPress.

You should see some tips by googling “edit attachment page wordpress”

Matt Singh

Copy that. I have gotten so used to using Elementor that I have forgotten how to use generate press. After looking at it for a few minutes, I was able to use the features of generate press to get the page looking a lot more like the rest of my website. I will look for more information about editing attachment pages as you have directed. Thanks for your reply

Matt Singh

Well it’s not as straightforward as I hoped. I tried to follow the directions of various experts that I googled without luck. I did begin to see the differences between a regular post page with its attachments settings feature and the more Spartan design of the attachment post for the gallery images. Ideally I would like to give the attachment page more of the features of a regular post page, i.e., the ability to link to a custom URL and To control the size and placement of the image.

Speaking as a code challenged individual, Am I on the right track to think that a child theme should be created to house a new/altered template for the attachment pages for the gallery images?

Matt Singh

Oh yeah, what about ways to make the attachment page for the Gallery images editable by Elementor? Is there a way this might be achieved?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you asked Elementor?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.