[Support request] Elementor/content egg pro Short Codes not working.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor/content egg pro Short Codes not working.

Home Forums Support Elementor/content egg pro Short Codes not working.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel

My website Ballachy.com already uses the ReHub theme and Elementor page builder. I am using a Custom post template created using Elementor pro and Content egg pro. and it is working fine on my old theme.
    Now I want to change my theme to GeneratePress. But when I activate the Generatepress theme the shortcodes I used in my post template don’t work even, the shortcode also doesn’t show.

I also tried deactivating all other plugins but it didn’t work.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Gabriel,

May we know specifically how you’re adding the shortcode in GP theme?

Also, perhaps you can start a staging site, and use the GP theme so we could see what’s occurring? Right now, the theme used in your site is Rehub.

Kindly let us know.

Gabriel

I already have used content egg pro shortcodes using elementor’s shortcode widget.

Gabriel

it’s me already working website and now just want to change my theme.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see.

To clarify, you’re using Content Egg Shortcode Plugin to add the Elementor Shortcode?

To test, can you try adding it through a WP shortcode block instead?

GeneratePress shouldn’t have any control or effect with Elementor shortcodes.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Gabriel

How I can replace the shortcode block of more than 1400 posts?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Are the shortcode Blocks added statically through Content Egg Shortcode Plugin? That is, every shortcode is manually added to each of your post?

If so, perhaps you can reach to Content Egg Shortcode Plugin support and see why the Shortcode isn’t working? GeneratePress is written in line with WordPress Codex, so any plugin written in line with this Codex should work with GeneratePress. Not sure about replacing as well. Perhaps you can reach out to Content Egg Short Code Plugin with regards to this.

For instance, if you deactivate the plugin, does this remove the shortcodes added? They seem to be added through the Post meta. If it’s removed, you can use a GP hook element or block element to dynamically add shortcodes to all your posts: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

It would be best to reach out to Content Egg Shortcode or Elementor for assistance and clarification with regards to this.

Kindly let us know.

Gabriel

yes, statically

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. It would be best to reach out to Content Egg Shortcode plugin support first and see why it isn’t working with GeneratePress.

It may also be a caching issue. Check if you have CDN or server side caching, and see if clearing those will make the shortcodes appear on GP theme: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Z4uAyAeJ

It would be good to make a staging site as well to do some tests.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.