[Support request] Elementor and WP Show Posts conflict

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor and WP Show Posts conflict

Home Forums Support Elementor and WP Show Posts conflict

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sheree

I want to create an archive page for category on my site. I have looked through the forum and saw the plugin WP Show Posts recommended. I used this to build a list.

When I edit the page I want to insert the archive into in the WordPress classic editor, I can get the archive posts to display. However, Before I want the posts displayed, I have got a photo and a small blurb at the top. I formatted this section using Elementor.

It seems like if I insert the code for WP show posts, I lose the changes made in Elementor and vice versa. I can’t see anyway to add this archive into elementor directly.

Also, at the bottom of the page, I want an option for ‘see more posts’ or something similar, which then continues the archive on another page or via infinite scroll so that the user has the option to see all posts if they want.

Hopefully that makes sense, I hope someone can help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

When it comes to Classic Editor or Elementor it is one or the other.

Option 1 – Edit the page with Elementor and add the WP Show Posts shortcode to a HTML Widget. You can also edit your WP Show Posts list and enable pagination.

Things to be aware of – this will not replace the Category Archives template, so if someone clicks on a category term link on a post it will go to the default archives page. To get around this takes some code – but it all gets a bit messsy.

Option 2 – Use the GP Blog to display your Posts – and use a Header Element to insert your text and image above the posts:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Sheree

Thanks for your help David. I am currently trying option 2. I’ve made the page hero (I think!) but I don’t see a way to insert this into the current page (not homepage) I am trying to build. I am sure I am missing something very obvious but have not found it yet! Where do I go from this point?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edit your Header Element and on Display Rules, set Location to Front Page

Sheree

I am not getting the featured image show up at all (very confident I am missing something) and also can’t find a way to set a page as GP blog, only homepage.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you’re home page is displaying your latest posts then you cannot use a featured image. This is also true if you create a static page to display your blog. As WordPress ignores the featured image metabox. In these cases you have to select Custom Image for your Header Element Background.

To set a different page as your blog, first create a new Page, name it Blog ( or whatever ) and save. Then in Dashboard > Settings > Reading you will be given the option to select a static page to display your latest posts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.