[Support request] element vs generateblock

Home Forums Support [Support request] element vs generateblock

Home Forums Support element vs generateblock

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    francesco

the element module (block editor theme generator, create advanced HTML hooks and get more control of the layout ….) does this element perform the same function as generateblock?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

No they are two different things.

1. GenerateBlocks is a plugin that adds 4 x Blocks to the Block Editor.
    2. Block Element allows you to insert block created content across your site. However you will want to use the Block Element with GenerateBlocks as it provides some advanced features.

See here for some articles on Block Elements and how they work with GenerateBlocks:

https://docs.generatepress.com/?s=block+element+-

francesco

so if i wanted to change the home page of a theme i would have to use the blocks element?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If the Home Page is a static page then no.
    If the Home Page is set to display the latest posts then yes you can use a Block Element to add content around the posts.

francesco

I used the Tasty theme from generatepress as a basis. this theme on its home page shows the articles published in a certain way. is it possible to edit this page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Tasty site has the front page set to display the Latest posts ( in Settings > Reading ). Whilst that is the case you cannot directly edit that page.

But you can use a Block element to add content such as a Page Hero, or use a block element to redesign the Content Template – see here for the docs related to that:

https://docs.generatepress.com/?s=block+element

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.