[Resolved] Element Spacing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Element Spacing

Home Forums Support Element Spacing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    alw

The spacing between elements (Separating Space — The spacing between elements when “Content Layout” is set to “Separate Containers”) in the latest version 1.2.4 doesn’t seem to work as previous versions, because there is a 30px margin around the content and above the sidebars.
    To get the spacing I want (just 10px above content and between content and sidebars), I had to add Custom CSS:
    .both-sidebars.separate-containers .site-main {
    margin: 0;
    }
    .site-main {
    }
    .widget-area {
    margin-top: -30px;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you sure your Spacing/GP Premium is up to date? What version are you running?

What happens when you use the Customizer? Nothing at all, no changes appear?

Let me know 🙂

alw

GP Spacing is Version 0.6 and doesn’t indicate any update available.

Changing the “Separating Space” in the Customizer does make a difference, but any changes are in addition to the 30px margin. So 30px is effectively a minimum value.

I can override the 30px Content margin with Custom CSS as already explained, but couldn’t find how to override the top margin for the sidebars. I can reposition them with a margin-top:-30px in the Custom CSS, but this covers some of my menu items as explained in my post “Menu Problem”.

I have restored GP Version 1.1.3 for now, but hope to return to version 1.2.4 if I can fix this issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s definitely an old version of Spacing.

Can you go to “Appearance > GeneratePress” and deactivate your email, then activate it again.

That should tell the plugin to look for the update, and the newer update checker is much more reliable 🙂

alw

I went to “Appearance > GeneratePress” and entered my email and then clicked Deactivate. Nothing happened. I clicked “Activate All” for all the plugins — all activated except for General Typography that remained unverified. Element Spacing still shows v0.6. I clicked Deactivate to the right of Element Spacing. Again, nothing happened. My plugins page still does not show any update available.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, your best bet may be to re-download the newest version of the plugin and replace it completely by removing the old version and installing the new version.

Doing so will fix this issue 🙂

alw

My download link has expired. How can I download the latest version?

alw

Meanwhile, I fixed the issue with Custom CSS to eliminate the 30px margins:
    .both-sidebars.separate-containers .site-main {
    }

.site-main {
    }

.inside-right-sidebar {
    }

.inside-left-sidebar {
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can download it in your account: https://generatepress.com/account

alw

Great! I am now at Generate Spacing v1.1
    Of course, I had to remove my Custom CSS as its no longer needed.
    How can I be sure to know when updates are available for the plugins?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The newer versions of the add-ons use a more reliable updater script – as long as your email is verified, you should be notified 🙂

Nicolás

Hello Tom,

I have a space in the top image. This happened in the last updates. I’m using ignore-xy-spacing but it stopped working.

I use generatepress + elementor

You can see the example at http://www.livingyourspanish.com/

thanks in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The ignore-x spacing classes were removed in the latest version. They were never well documented and should probably be done using custom CSS.

Which element had that class? Not seeing it anymore.

Nicolás

Tom,

I need to remove the template margins only on the main page. It was working with ignore-xy-spacing but now I stop. Is there any other solution?

thanks in advance,

regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those classes were removed in the latest version, as they were never well documented and were adding CSS to everyone’s page even if they never used the class.

You can add the class back manually:

.ignore-xy-spacing {
        margin: -40px -40px 40px -40px;
    }

Simply adjust 40px to your content padding.

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.