[Resolved] Element location set to Entire Site but not showing up on Posts, Categories, etc

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Element location set to Entire Site but not showing up on Posts, Categories, etc

Home Forums Support Element location set to Entire Site but not showing up on Posts, Categories, etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi,

I’ve created an Element and set the location to Entire Site. However, it’s not showing up on the entire site. For example, it’s missing on search, 404, etc. I’m assuming this isn’t includes as Entire Site or am I doing something wrong. I know I can specify those pages separately.

However, the one page I can’t seem to get working no matter what is:

websitesexample.com/category/news/
    (example domain, not actual site)

Even if I specify Post Category > News, it doesn’t show up. I’ve tried All Singular, All Archives, Posts > All Posts. Nothing works.

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you solved this? I do see a header element on the page linked:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/imeJVilglMX

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael

Hi Leo,

No, sorry…should have been more specific. I have the Element set to display the Featured Image as the background. However, it didn’t seem to work with the category page even when I specified a Fallback Image.

However, I solved it by create a new Element, having the Display Rules set to Entire Site and then selecting an image as the “Fallback Image.”

This isn’t ideal as I would like a Fallback Image specific to /category/news/.

Again, not sure why it’s not working or if I’m just not selecting something right. You are correct in one sense: the NEWS title is appearing but not the Background Image.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yeah archive pages are a bit tricky to handle as WordPress doesn’t allow a featured image for those pages.

I would say creating different header for each category and using the custom image is the best way to go:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/elements-header-image-not-displaying-on-blog-page/#post-936292

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Michael

Ok, thanks Leo for all the help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.