[Support request] Editing Volume theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] Editing Volume theme

Home Forums Support Editing Volume theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keith

Hello all! Premium user here and total newbie. When I view my site and click “customize”, how do I go about changing the photos and the text that are in the body? I can see where I can edit the header and footer, but I’m lost when it comes to the rest. I’ve searched a multitude of ways to edit it but to no avail.

Thanks for any and all insight.

Keith

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the WordPress home page can either be a Static Page or set to Display your recent Posts (Blog). Volume was designed for blogging and is therefore set to the latter ( ie. display posts ).

So you can either:

1. Add some new Posts with featured images, these will fill the home page automatically. And delete those Posts that were imported with Volume.

OR

2. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and change the Homepage to display a Static Page. You will need to create a new Page first before doing this. Now your new home page can be edited to display whatever you want.

Keith

Thanks for the quick reply! Ok…I think I understand now. So there’s no way to use what was imported with Volume? I was hoping to just change the photos and text.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can – in Dashboard > Posts – you can edit each of them and the home page will reflect those changes.

Keith

Excellent! Thanks! I now see that the sample posts are actually tutorials.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – happy reading 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.