[Resolved] Editing the sidebars separatedly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Editing the sidebars separatedly

Home Forums Support Editing the sidebars separatedly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jorge

Hi Tom,

I am a proud user of GeneratePress Premium, which is so far the best option I could have chosen. Thanks a lot for the great work!

I’m using a three-column layout, that’s one main column and two sidebars on its right. Let’s go with this two sidebars.

When editing padding, margin, etc. through CSS, I find that both columns are afected equally, but I need to be able to edit them separatedly. Do you think there’s any way to do it?

Best,

Jorge

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you have our spacing add-on, you can adjust the widths of the sidebars in “Customize > Layout > Sidebars”.

Otherwise, you’ll need to adjust the generate_left_sidebar_width and generate_right_sidebar_width filters: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/filter-list/

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Jorge

Hi,

I do have it, but the add-on edits both sidebars altogether (as far as I can see).

My intention would be to edit them individually (like margins/paddings/etc. on the left sidebar would be different than those on the right sidebar). The only values that can be edited individually are their respective widths.

As a newbie, I’ve been leafing through CSS with Firefox Inspector, but couldn’t find the way.

Thanks,

Jorge

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, the widths can be edited separately, but not the padding.

In order to change the padding in each sidebar, you would need to do this:

.widget-area .inside-left-sidebar .widget {
        padding: 40px;
    }

.widget-area .inside-right-sidebar .widget {
        padding: 40px;
    }

Adjust as needed πŸ™‚

Jorge

Hi Tom,

Please pardon the tardiness, I’ve been out for work. You gave me the answer and showed me the spot where I can go on editing.

Thanks so much!

Jorge

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.