[Resolved] Editing “Search” template header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Editing “Search” template header

Home Forums Support Editing “Search” template header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan

Hi,
    (I have very very little previous website experience, so I apologise if I get the terminology wrong.)
    I have had no luck in attempting to solve this myself through documentation and other people’s support posts, so it would be a good idea to create this post myself.

I have recently downloaded the generate press template (from the site library) called Search.
    It’s a very nice theme that suits my needs well, but I have one major gripe in that the sticky header is transparent, which looks horrible when the text on the header overlaps with text on the page.
    Additionally, the text and buttons in the header are the wrong colour for the theme of my website.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to edit this.
    The WordPress customize feature does not allow me to edit any of this (to my knowledge), I can only select different Menus and replace the default logo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been tearing my hair out over this for a while now.

Cheers.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Lets see if we can fix the sticky navigation colors first ๐Ÿ™‚
    if you go to Customizer > Colors > Primary Navigation you should see several color options – changing the colors there will apply to the both the Primary Navigation and the Sticky Navigation.

However the Search site uses a Merged Header Element, which positions the Header over the site and sets the static nav colors to transparent.

So making those changes in the Customizer should only apply to the Stick Nav in this case.

Susan

Thanks for the response, David.

I must say that I am slightly confused as to how I didn’t find that menu previously, I must’ve been a bit tired haha.
    That fixed the transparency issue super easily, thank you so much.

That also let me change the colour of the menu buttons, and I figured out how to change the “Contact” button after a little bit of googling.

Thanks again, David.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.