[Resolved] edit site description w/o plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] edit site description w/o plugin

Home Forums Support edit site description w/o plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drew

I could have sworn GP used the default WP site tag to generate the site description but that’s not what I’m seeing. Is there a way to do that without using a SEO plugin (I really dislike Yoast and want to avoid it at all costs)?

Many thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP doesn’t do anything title tag or description meta related. We let plugins decide what to do in those cases.

Maybe this is worth looking at?: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/autodescription/

Otherwise you can set up a custom field and hook it into wp_head.

drew

Gotcha, I’ll just hook it in, many thanks!

FWIW, I saw on a separate thread here that you recommend Yoast over All-In-One; if that’s still the case, are there any specific reasons why?

I’ve always found Yoast to be wildly over-engineered and adds all sorts of bloat to admin panels and autoloaded rows to the wp_options table.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Performance-wise I don’t think there’s any issues with Yoast. Personally I just want to choose a plugin that I know I won’t have to change ever, especially when it comes to SEO.

The one thing I don’t like about Yoast is the constant updates.

In the end though, it’s all about preference ๐Ÿ™‚

drew

Personally I just want to choose a plugin that I know I wonโ€™t have to change ever, especially when it comes to SEO.

You can say that again! ๐Ÿ™‚

Many thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.