[Resolved] Edit post link support

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Edit post link support

Home Forums Support Edit post link support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

First thing. Client I built the website for using GP, really likes the “Edit Post” link that you can access underneath each post when viewing it on the front end whilst being logged in as an admin/editor.

I have upgraded GP, GP Premium Addons and also the WordPress core to the latest version. The “Edit Post” link at the bottom of each post has now disappeared. How can this be resolved?

Also, my second question is more tricky. In my opinion, I really don’t think there is an answer for it. Anwyay, the “edit post” link that (is supposed to) appear in the bottom of a post is really useful. My client is wondering if it can be inserted under the excerpt of every blog in the top level posts page (where all the posts are listed and ordered by date). I have not seen a way to do this yet and in all honesty I don’t really know if it is possible.

Thought I would ask in case that you or the GP community might know of a possible solution?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Ryan

Cool so do I integrate #2 into the posts.php file or is another chunk of code to go into the functions.php file?

Thanks Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It also goes into the functions.php file ๐Ÿ™‚

Ryan

Great. I have put it in the functions.php file and it works! Just two more things.
    The date time format has changed and now the month comes before the day. I think this was done via regex in the code or something but I can’t seem to get my head around it right now.

Also I’m looking for a way to get the ‘Edit Post’ link to appear underneath the excerpt instead of up the top with the post metadata information.

Can you please help me with that?

Ryan

I ended up resolving it with an alternative solution by modifying the contents.php file. I have yet to apply it into the child theme.

Here is the link to my solution http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37154585/how-to-put-edit-link-under-each-excerpt-in-wordpress

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That works too ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.