[Resolved] Edit layout between "read more" and "comments"

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Edit layout between "read more" and "comments"

Home Forums Support Edit layout between "read more" and "comments"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kristian Foshaug

Hi,

on my site Spillhistorie.no – i’m trying to change the layout a bit on the post summaries on the front page. I want to either reduce the breaks / spacing between the “read more” (“les videre”) and the “Leave a comment” (“Legg igjen en kommentar”), or even add both to the same line (to reduce space used).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Vsi4xOK.png[/img]

What do I have to do?

bdbrown

Hi Kristian. Moving the “Leave a comment” up only takes a couple of lines of CSS. However, the Masonry layout sets the posts with an “absolute” top position. If you move the comment line up, that post will shrink but the post below it won’t move up. Tom may have a function or method available to make the adjustment so will wait for him to answer this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Seems there’s some jQuery errors going on now messing up the site?

Either way, adding the CSS should work – Masonry will recalculate on reload and everything will look good.

Try this:

.masonry-post footer.entry-meta {
        margin-top: 0;
    }
    Kristian Foshaug

Thanks both 🙂

Tom: jQuery errors? I haven’t noticed anything, but just in case I reset all caches in case it had to do with some cached js-files.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea I’m seeing being reported by Chrome: Uncaught ReferenceError: rlArgs is not defined

The masonry is also a mess – maybe it’s just me?

Try clearing your cache – if you see the issue deactivate your plugins until it fixes it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.