[Support request] Edit category pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Edit category pages

Home Forums Support Edit category pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fernando

I would like to know how to edit the pages of the categories. That is, when you click on a category, you show the entries corresponding to that category but in blocks, as shown on the main blog page, with 2-3 lines of content, not the full entry, and Which if we show the complete entry, is duplicate content.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The category pages are built by WordPress itself. They should mimic the settings you have for the main blog page.

You can find settings for the blog in Customize > Blog > Blog Content.

Fernando

Ok! So to do what I want, I think I will have to do separate pages, as if they were categories, and hide the categories.
    When I have these pages (style to categories), with a blog module in Elementor, I will select the entries corresponding to each category (even if they are only visible internally). It is right?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That sounds about that. Then you could 301 redirect your WP category pages to your newly created pages.

Gillian

I want to do something similar – which way would be the best to do it in terms of site speed – htaccess file or plugin (or some other way)?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

.htaccess is most likely the fastest if you’re able to do it. If not, a plugin is the way to go and shouldn’t be much slower (if at all).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.