[Resolved] Dynamic Sidebar height based on post length?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Dynamic Sidebar height based on post length?

Home Forums Support Dynamic Sidebar height based on post length?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

Hi,
    I am running a news site and the articles are all different lengths. The right sidebar is a fixed length. Is there a more dynamic option that matches the lengths a little bit more consistently.
    Or maybe there is a way to set criteria like ‘if my article is longer than 500 words, use SidebarA’ or ‘if the article is 500+ words use SidebarB’? I’m using Dispatch with a right sidebar: elkonewsonline.com.

Obviously this is primarily a desktop issue. I am not complaining: I’m very very happy with the way things are looking using GP. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments and it’s been a good experience. If this option were available, I’d be even happier.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not something that the theme could offer.
    The simplest approach i can think of would be to use a Plugin like Content Aware Sidebars. This will allow you to create the 2 x sidebars and display them depending on different conditions – the easiest of which would be a taxonomy term that identifies a post as long or short.

Lisa

Thanks for the suggestion and quick response. This is such a robust theme and toolset that I’m a little in awe that I found a limit. Glad to have such a nice theme and good support to work with.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    We have something planned for Sidebars in a future release.
    Glad to hear you’re enjoying the theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.