[Support request] Dynamic Link is not working as expected

Home Forums Support [Support request] Dynamic Link is not working as expected

Home Forums Support Dynamic Link is not working as expected

  • This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Tom.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2235049
    Scott

    Hi,
    The Dynamic Link is not working in 2 different circumstances when URL is retrieved from a term_meta field:

    a) When I use The Dynamic Data feature in a HEADLINE block, the term_meta field appears in Dynamic Link options, but when I check the front-end result, the generated link has the previous term_meta field value (Content. ex. href=”text20%of20%previous20%field”>).
    https://imageup.me/2tv
    HTML result(see link): https://imageup.me/2tx

    b) When I use The Dynamic Data feature in a CONTAINER block as in this link (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/dynamic-data/#dynamic-background), the term_meta field doesn’t appear in Dynamic Link options.
    https://imageup.me/2ty

    What is your suggestion to make it work in both circumstances?

    Thanks

    #2235095
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

    Hi there,

    can i see the site where the term meta link is incorrect ?

    #2235245
    Scott

    Please see links below: (private field)

    #2235656
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

    Hi Scott,

    What the term mata value should be? And what’s the term? If it’s a custom term, how did you set up the term?

    Let me know!

    #2236011
    Scott

    Hi, Jing.
    The term is Category. And all the term_meta are set via ACF. The first term_meta is working as expected “bubble_message”, but the other, “bubble_url” is not. In the following images, you can see the settings and the HTML result (pay attention to the link in the code). It shows the text from the “bubble_message” term_meta and should show the URL from the “bubble_url” term_meta.
    https://imageup.me/2tv
    https://imageup.me/2tx

    #2236359
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

    I can replicate the issue on my end.

    I will forward this to Tom.

    #2236505
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Hi there,

    Thanks for reporting this – we’ve fixed it in GPP 2.2.0.

    For now, you can make the following change if you’d like:

    1. Open wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-block-elements.php
    2. On line 598, replace gpDynamicTextCustomField with gpDynamicLinkCustomField.

    Hope this helps! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.