[Support request] Dynamic Header Page Title Not adding "entry-title"

Home Forums Support [Support request] Dynamic Header Page Title Not adding "entry-title"

Home Forums Support Dynamic Header Page Title Not adding "entry-title"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

It looks like adding the “post-title” into the dynamic header is not adding the “entry-title” markup. Any suggestions or the correct way to add the post title in the header content? I tried adding the code but google still does not register the “entry-title” in the markup.

Andrew

After using the google structured data testing tool I noticed the “entry-title” only works (gets recognized) if the post title is inserted inside the <header class=”entry-header”>. The dynamic header puts the post title before that div which is why it’s not recognizing it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Andrew,

This is a known issue that I’m looking at. I haven’t decided whether it would be best for GP to add this markup for you, or for the user to add it directly inside the page header content.

I’m thinking the former, I just need to play with it a little more 🙂

Andrew

Hi Tom,

I added the code and it’s still showing error in google search console. The only way it registers the “entry-title” is if it’s inside the <header class=”entry-header”>. Just a heads up if you decide to just add the entry-title code before the title.

How important is the “entry-title”? I just want to plan long term with my sites and need this feature if it’s important.

THanks,
    Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It won’t hurt your SEO. We’ll be switching to JSON-LD soon instead of microdata, so this will be a non-issue 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.