[Resolved] Duplicate Secondary Nav Below Primary Nav for Mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Duplicate Secondary Nav Below Primary Nav for Mobile

Home Forums Support Duplicate Secondary Nav Below Primary Nav for Mobile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Arthur

I have a Secondary Nav above the Primary Nav on desktop view and I want to hide the Secondary Nav on mobile and display it below the Primary Nav on mobile in either the default dropdown style or the Slide Out style.

Would I need to create a hook to place the Secondary Nav menu below the Primary Nav (possibly via wp_nav_menu() and the generate_inside_navigation)?

add_action('generate_inside_navigation', 'dup_secondary_nav');
    function dup_secondary_nav() {
    wp_nav_menu(array( 'theme_location' => 'secondary_nav' ))
    }

Please help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how about creating a new menu that is a combination of those used in the Primary and Secondary Navs and then assign this to the Slideout Navigation?

Arthur

Thanks for the quick response David. I didn’t want to have to manage multiple (or duplicate) menu items. I want to take the current Secondary Nav and generate it again below the Primary Nav.

Does that make sense?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to be clear, on mobile will you be displaying Two Hamburger menus (primary on top / secondary below)?

Arthur

No. In the DOM, the Secondary Nav will be placed below the Primary Nav. I believe I can use the Primary Toggle to open both menus. Is that possible?

You can see an example here (this sample is from a custom theme): http://www.odifusa.com/about-us/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t think there’s a good way to merge them really. From a performance standpoint, creating a separate Slideout Navigation menu is the way to go.

I suppose you could try javascript to move the secondary navigation items into the slideout navigation, but that would be less than ideal when it comes to performance.

Arthur

Thanks Tom and David.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.