[Support request] Duplicate meta data – How to remove GP generated meta data

Home Forums Support [Support request] Duplicate meta data – How to remove GP generated meta data

Home Forums Support Duplicate meta data – How to remove GP generated meta data

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim

I’m using a plugin Dynamic Month & Year into Posts that displays the current year with a [year] shortcode in the title but also the metadata of posts. In doing this, I noticed, while inspecting the HTML, the shortcode is visible in the metadata instead of returning the year number.

Initially, I thought it was a Rank Math issue, but then I noticed a bit further in the <head>, Rank Match generates the same metadata, but with the year number. So my conclusion is that something is generating metadata – with the shortcode visible – in conjunction with Rank Math.

Assuming it is Generatepress that generates the initial metadata. How can I disable metadata created by Generatepress?

Here’s a screenshot of the duplicate meta title showing the shortcode: https://i.imgur.com/FotB1Wj.png

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is the og:title the issue? if so, then that its no GP, we don’t add openGraph.
    RankMath would be the most likely suspect.

Jim

Yes, it’s the og:title. Thanks for confirming it’s not GP that’s causing the issue. I’ll look further.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.