[Resolved] Drop down menu problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Drop down menu problem

Home Forums Support Drop down menu problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    janeb

Hi Tom,

I have a couple of problems relating to the drop down menu items.

Firstly, the little arrows don’t always show up on this site: http://www.focusedphotographers.com/ They are there now, but every now and then I see just a little rectangle with the font awesome number in it.

Secondly, I have GeneratePress on several sites and they all seem to have a problem on my Samsung android tablet. Clicking on one of the drop down items does not take me to the correct page; I just end up on the page linked to in the top of the menu, not the sub-menu (if that’s the correct term).

This is happening on the site I mentioned above and also on http://classic.janebwebsitehelp.co.uk/ and http://photography.janeswebsitehelp.co.uk/ .

It’s fine on my desktop PC though.

janeb

I don’t know what’s going on. The drop down menu seems to be working OK on the focused photographers site now. But it wasn’t earlier, and it still isn’t on the other sites.

janeb

screen print of disappearing arrows

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by janeb.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jane,

I checked all of those sites and the arrows all seem to be displaying? Are you saying that sometimes they display and sometimes they don’t?

Secondly, I have GeneratePress on several sites and they all seem to have a problem on my Samsung android tablet. Clicking on one of the drop down items does not take me to the correct page; I just end up on the page linked to in the top of the menu, not the sub-menu (if thatโ€™s the correct term).

I’m not too sure what you mean by the above? Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks!

Jane

The arrow not apearing problem is only on the focused photography site and, yes, it’s only sometimes. I tried to link to a screen print above.

As for the other problem…I don’t know what’s going on but it seems to be working now. Perhaps it was a problem with my tablet. So sorry about that. If it happens again l’ll let you know.

Jane

Ok I think I know what’s happening. Suppose I have, for example, a top level menu item called Articles which has an arrow next to it to show there are drop down options. If I touch the word Articles the drop down menu appears and I can click the different choices. Eg inspiration, interviews, learning. But, if I click the arrow not the word, the drop down menu appears but it doesn’t work. Clicking on the different options does not take me to the relevant pages. I think that is confusing for my visitors.

Jane

Maybe it’s because I have it set to hover but hover isn’t a thing for my tablet

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What kind of tablet are you using, and which browser?

This is happening on http://www.focusedphotographers.com/?

I’ll investigate ๐Ÿ™‚

janeb

Thanks Tom,

I’m using Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 (model SM-T520).

Yes it is on all the sites I linked to, including the Focused Photographers one.

The screenshot of the arrows being replaced with little boxes with numbers in is from my desktop PC and only happens occasionally, and I’ve only seen it on the Focused Photographers site not the other ones.

On the tablet, every now and then on that site, the arrows disappear completely and the space where they should be is blank.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll look into this today and will get back to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nice catch! Fixed this bug.

Shoot me an email at support@generatepress.com if you want to test it out ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

janeb

Good news that you found the problem! If this is going to be fixed soon in the next update, I guess I can live with it until then.

janeb

Any thoughts on the disappearing arrows just on that one site? Is this part of the same bug or a different issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It will be easy to fix right now if you want the files – if not the update should be out in a week or so.

I’d have to see the arrows not showing up to have an idea on what’s going on.

It can happen sometimes when the URL you’re visiting doesn’t match the two URLs set in “Settings > General”.

janeb

I don’t think that’s the problem – the urls seem to match.

I’ll mark this thread as resolved, since you found the bug causing the other problem. If anything occurs to you about the missing arrows then let me know. At least that is just the one site. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.