[Support request] Drop down menu – default is 1px unless specified in Customizer via main menu?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Drop down menu – default is 1px unless specified in Customizer via main menu?

Home Forums Support Drop down menu – default is 1px unless specified in Customizer via main menu?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nancy

Hi All,

I did a bunch of speed enhancements and decided to do full web server only fonts instead of loading externally from Google (same fonts). Worked great in the style sheet this way, I have a child theme. Set everything to inherit for the font and left the sizes “blank” for font sizes in the Typography section.

Mostly worked fine except the main menu and drop down menu. Main menu displayed as has 0px (in the CSS) and drop down 1px for sizing if nothing is specified in the Main menu. I had made the assumption everything would inherit from the body specification from the style sheet for 18px (Roboto).

I don’t know where the main menu was inheriting the font size, but it displayed as 16px. The Drop Down menu was 1px for a font size! Here is what I was seeing in the browser through the inspect element:

.main-navigation a, .menu-toggle {
    font-size:0px;
    }

.main-navigation, main-nav ul ul li a {
    font-size: 1px;
    }

So the fix was apparently you have to state something in the Customizer? I put 16px and although I didn’t specify, it is 15px for the drop down menu. I’ll also specify now in the style sheet in a day or two.

In case this might be a bug? It didn’t show an error by leaving it blank.

Many thanks,
    Nancy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Nancy,

So this happened when the menu font size was left blank? Sounds like a bug – I’ll take a look 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.