[Support request] Drag and Drop Behavior in Block Editor – normal?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Drag and Drop Behavior in Block Editor – normal?

Home Forums Support Drag and Drop Behavior in Block Editor – normal?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve

I finally got a screencast recorded of this behavior.

What I find is often I cannot drag a block underneath another container or block, especially if I’m going from one container or grid to another, or they are nested and predominantly when there is no block below where I’m dragging already (bottom of grid, bottom of container, bottom of column.

The only thing that seems to fix it is if I drag above the nearest block. Then drag it down to where I want it.

Have you noticed this behavior before? Seems to be the same for me in Chrome and Firefox, Win10.

Thanks for any insight you can provide, I appreciate this may not be a GP specific thing and more of a WP core issue.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

This is within Gutenberg editor which is a WP Core issue.

It’s been known for quite a while that Gutenberg’s drop and drag UX is pretty bad.

We’ll just have to wait for quality of life improvements on the newer WordPress versions, unfortunately.

Steve

I see. So you experience this same issue? I have seen drag and drop issues listed on the gutenberg website but nothing like this in particular. May have to file a bug report there. Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes sometimes.

In cases like this: Either I refresh the page and see if the UX improves (perhaps some parts didn’t load right) or I resort to using the shortcut keys instead. (ctrl + alt + shift + Y or T)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.