[Resolved] Downloadable files

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Downloadable files

Home Forums Support Downloadable files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    troyw

Hey team,

I would like to create a page where logged in users can download files such as PDF’s, Images and Documents. I know there are many plugins out there that can do this, but I would rather set up a page to do this without the use of plugins.

Is it also possible for me to create a link or button which allows the user to upload files from the front end page?
    Again, I know there there are plugins to do this, but would rather a more lightweight solution.

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Is it also possible for me to create a link or button which allows the user to upload files from the front end page?

It is definitely possible even w/ just the default Contact form 7.

But it’ll need site customization as it’ll require you to setup a table on the database and custom code that will handle the data received from the upload file form you’ve created.

Here’s an example code: http://chamankumar.co.uk/blog/uncategorized/contact-form-7-add-uploaded-file-to-media-attach-to-custom-post

Alternatively, it may be better to just let a plugin do all the work if in case you find code snippets intimidating. ๐Ÿ™‚

troyw

Cool, might stick to a plugin. Cheers

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Good choice.

Cheers. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.