[Resolved] Does the theme contain breadcrumb?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Does the theme contain breadcrumb?

Home Forums Support Does the theme contain breadcrumb?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Westwood

I didn’t find the breadcrumb in the default setting. Do we have to install plug-in instead? Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I decided to leave breadcrumbs to plugins, but could be convinced to add them to the theme.

I may add support for some of the most popular breadcrumb plugins in the next version so it’s easy to implement and looks good right away.

If you’re using WordPress SEO by Yoast (which you should be, it’s awesome) – you can enable breadcrumbs and then add the PHP code provided into Appearance > GP Hooks (if you bought that extension) wherever you’d like them to show up.

Let me know if you need more help πŸ™‚
    Tom

Key Largo

hallo tom,

i use GP-premium + woocommerce, but two breadcrumb-navigations (Breadcrumb NavXT, WooCommerce Breadcrumbs) don`t work.

i will later add wp-seo by sergej mΓΌller, not wordpress seo by yoast (to complicate for me).

which breadcrumb plugin can i use?

sincerely key

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I really suggest WordPress SEO by Yoast – you can basically activate it and leave it – no need to mess with anything.

The breadcrumbs that come with it are also great, and super easy to implement.

Key Largo

it was a mistake of me: after activating the widget Breadcrumb NavXT in the sidebar it works… πŸ˜‰

i am beginner with WP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad you got it working πŸ™‚

Ralph

I added the php code provided by yoast to the GP Hooks. But no breadcrumbs showed up on any page. I add them to GP Hook “Before Content” and tried it on different hooks without success.

Can you help me?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you check the “Execute PHP” checkbox inside the hook you added the code to?

And you’re sure WordPress SEO is active?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Ralph

Somehow is works today πŸ˜€ I don’t know the reason why i didn’t worked yesterday. But i’m happy with it! Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome πŸ™‚

Fatih

I know this is an old topic but I also have a problem with this. I did the Yoast thing and the breadcrumbs are working fine, but they also show on the front page on every post. I placed the code in “Before Content”. Any way to fix the problem so that the breadcrumb shows up only on the pages and not on every post thumbnail on the home page?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried the “Inside Content Container” hook?

Fatih

That actually solved the problem πŸ˜› Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.