[Support request] does generatepress pro work on WP 5.6

Home Forums Support [Support request] does generatepress pro work on WP 5.6

Home Forums Support does generatepress pro work on WP 5.6

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sarah

I have just updated and now when I go to the customizer – nothing shows up apart from WIDGETS – no layout or anything else?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

had no reported issues and my test sites i have updated to 5.6 are functioning correctly.
    First thing to do is to clear any cache plugins and temporarily disable all other plugins aside from GPP to see if one of them is causing a conflict.

Sarah

Ok thanks I had to downgrade and everything went back to normal – so something was not right – I will do more testing on my test server myself and see if I can work out what the conflict – but I tested in incognito mode and cleared cache so not that

I was very surprised it happened to be fair as GP is always on point ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks
    Sarah

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So far we haven’t seen any issues – i have a dozen or so sites now running on 5.6 and no issues as of yet – let us know what you find ๐Ÿ™‚

Sarah

I will do 100% – I have it running on 1 site fine and it was not woo conflict so I just need to work out which plugin is clashing!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Jin ho

After updating to WordPress 5.6, if you enter customization, only the widget appears.

Sarah

that is what I had too – its possibly a conflict with another plugin though – as I have it working on another sit e- I just don’t yet know which plugin (or PHP version maybe?)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The best way to test for issues is to create a Staging site, disable any caches update to 5.6 – if it breaks after that update, then go remove any Plugins / Child Themes or custom functions and see if the issue resolves. If it does re-enable those ‘things’ one by one to see which one is at fault.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.