[Resolved] Documentation Read Dem/Layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Documentation Read Dem/Layout

Home Forums Support Documentation Read Dem/Layout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bernd

Hi there,

where can I find a documentation for changing some setting in the Read Demo/Layout/Theme. I found nothing?!

THX for help.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

We don’t have writeups specifically for “Read” template, unfortunately.

But here’s the demo site – https://gpsites.co/read/

You can ask us anything you need help with it. 🙂

Bernd

Hi Elvin,

thx for reply, but naturally I know this site and sad to say, there stand nothing.

I downloaded it to one of my sites: https://vintage-car-lifestyle.de

Now the problems:

I can’t delete the big “Read is a magazine .. and so on” text, under my logo. Found nothing in the whole customizer to do this.

Also, I want to delete or better, change the white/red category boxes over the featured article into my own categories.

And last, same problem with the category fields in the right sideline.

I read all, clicked on everything in the customizer, but … nothing?

Hope you can help,
    Bernd

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t delete the big “Read is a magazine .. and so on” text, under my logo. Found nothing in the whole customizer to do this.

This is added as a content within the home page. You can delete it by editing the page similar to editing/adding in contents with Gutenberg Editor.

Also, I want to delete or better, change the white/red category boxes over the featured article into my own categories.

This is added as a content within the home page as well. It’s added using GenerateBlocks’ Button Block. Like the previous one, you can delete it by editing the page similar to editing/adding in contents with Gutenberg Editor.

And last, same problem with the category fields in the right sideline.

To clarify: Did you mean the sidebar category posts lists?

Same as the 2 previous things. All of these within the layout are added as content within the Home Page.

These sidebar posts sorted in categories are using WP Show Posts plugin added as a shortcode within the block.

You can edit these much like you’re editing the contents of any page/post through Gutenberg Editor. 🙂

Bernd

Ah ok, thanks for explain it and help 🙂
    I use the classic editor, so, I try to fix the problem or I must use another template.

Bernd

Fixed all the above problems with your help and Gutenberg Edt. 🙂

But, one new prob. and hope last one.

In the mobile view, I have no navigation on the right side. When I click at the three small lines, only a cross is coming, but no primary menu?

And same place, I saw in another thread the problem with the logo in mobile view. But cant solve the problem. When I m changing the size of the mobile logo with Menu Item height, it scales not in its original dimensions, its looks compressed?!

best,

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic for the new question?

Let’s keep in one question per topic.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.