[Resolved] Do you support "Full Site Editing"?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Do you support "Full Site Editing"?

Home Forums Support Do you support "Full Site Editing"?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    93487u5tr938ouh4trnos8fyoh

Hi,

Do you support “Full Site Editing” in Gutenberg?

Kind Regards

P.S. I think you should make this on by default – “Notify me of follow-up replies via email.”

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t support it yet.

It’s in our consideration for sure 🙂

juicerocket

Please make it easy to do full site editing using GeneratePress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Full Site Editing is still an experimental feature – it is now slated for WP 5.8 release later this year.

We’ll be keeping a close eye on this as it progresses.

93487u5tr938ouh4trnos8fyoh

If you asks me even Gutenberg is in alpha quality, not to mention the Site Editor which is in like pre-alpha stage. To be honest I didn’t expect WordPress to be so bad on developing this. It must be a huge pain for theme developers to have to even plan future releases on this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It has been from time to time. But we do see the potential with Gutenberg especially now with GenerateBlocks 🙂

Samuel

It has been from time to time. But we do see the potential with Gutenberg especially now with GenerateBlocks

Coll! Thanks Leo for this comment. Even if FSE is still in its infancy, I would support it very much if you stay on the ball. I am aware that you also have to keep an eye on existing sites. But I think like the section feature (which you no longer offer), FSE will also be a must-have.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The timeline for FSE is in continual flux – last update slated it for WP 5.8 this July, but it looks more likely it will be pushed back to December.

Still yet to see a stable working Navigation block, and Block widget areas are still hiding under experimental. And little to be said for adding multiple content areas to a template.

Once we fully understand the direction that WP is going in – then we can make an informed decision on how best it is implemented in GP. But we’re not holding our breath and we personally feel that what GPP 2.0 brings to table will far outweigh what FSE offers in terms of conditional and dynamic data display…. let’s wait and see.

Kermit

Now that WP 5.9 is out are you adding FSE to GeneratePress?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.