[Resolved] do I need google font plugin?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] do I need google font plugin?

Home Forums Support do I need google font plugin?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alice

I’ve noticed font-awesome is built in. But if I deactivate my easy google font plugin, all my nice font styling disappears.

bdbrown

Hi Alice. Are you saying that if you disable the plugin that the Font Awesome icons no longer appear?

Alice

No BDBrown, just choice of fonts for p, h1 to h6.

bdbrown

all my nice font styling disappears.

Does this mean you used Google fonts provided by the plugin in your posts/pages and now that the plugin is disabled the posts/pages are no longer formatted with that font?

Alice

I installed ‘easy google fonts’ plugin on my last theme, carried over to GP. And yes, if I disable plugin my styled fonts revert to basic font families, ie no longer formatted.

bdbrown

So you installed the plugin on a previous theme, selected a font and styled your text, and now you’ve disabled the plugin and your text is no longer using the font you selected from the plugin?

Alice

I’ll rephrase my question….

because GP comes with Font Awesome, does that mean fonts I’ve selected through the customiser tool on GP can function/appear independently of my Easy Google Font plugin. Is there a way to ditch this plugin and still have my non-standard google fonts?

(i.e I had plugins from last theme, but selected fonts when GP was installed via the customiser tool. I’d like to minimise all plugins if possible, to reduce weight of website). I hope this is clearer! ๐Ÿ™‚

bdbrown

because GP comes with Font Awesome, does that mean fonts Iโ€™ve selected through the customiser tool on GP can function/appear independently of my Easy Google Font plugin.

Yes. I did a bit of testing and it appears that if the the Google Font plugin is active it adds its own Typography option in the Customizer. Any selection there will override selections in the default theme Typography option. If you deactivate the plugin the theme will revert to whatever is selected in the default Typography option.

Does that help?

Key Largo

hi, ๐Ÿ™‚

a question to the google fonts in the tiny mc editor: if i want to change the font of some words in a posting, in “fontname” i find only the default fonts, not the google fonts.

is there any possibility, to ad the google gonts to the tiny mc editor?

best regards
    key

bdbrown
    Key Largo

many thx!

bdbrown

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.