[Resolved] Disqus Disappeared and Centering Page Headers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disqus Disappeared and Centering Page Headers

Home Forums Support Disqus Disappeared and Centering Page Headers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hello. Just started a new site, bought the $20 plugin package as well. Really like the clean format and general ease of pretty much everything.

My site: http://revolver816.com

I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I center the images used for my page headers, rather than them constantly being aligned to the left? I managed to center them on the homepage, but on the page itself, I can’t figure it out.
    (http://revolver816.com/2014/12/29/whats-with-the-name/)

2) I thought I saw Disqus working fine, but it has seemingly disappeared. I have no idea why it’s not loading anymore. I have not edited the CSS for anything and I haven’t been tampering with any plugin settings that I didn’t fully understand. It just vanished at some point.

Other than these two issues, I’m really enjoying my simple site. I’ve got a lot of things I want to do with it in the future. I’d be grateful for any answers you could give. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and if it’s possible to center the page title and date directly under the image, that’d be awesome, too.

(Sigh, didn’t see the EDIT button before double-posting, my bad)

Michael

Oh, and if it’s possible to center the page title and date directly under the image, that’d be awesome, too.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

1. This CSS should do it:

.page-header-image-single,
    .single .entry-header {
        text-align: center;
    }

2. Are comments enable on the site? Also make sure that comments are enabled on the specific posts. Can’t think of any other reason they would disappear. If you’d looked everywhere and can’t figure it out, shoot me an email with a temp admin login to support@generatepress.com and and I’ll dig a little deeper.

Glad you’re enjoying the theme! 🙂

Michael

1) The CSS worked great! Thanks.

2) I still can’t seem to figure out what went wrong.
    – a) I have Disqus set up properly on the Disqus site and on the plugin settings. I have it set to show on all blog posts.
    – b) I’m pretty sure comments are enabled on the site itself, I’m not entirely positive where to find this exact setting, though.
    – c) I thought perhaps it had something to do with Jetpack somehow, but I deactivated it and the problem persisted.

As soon as I figure out how to issue a temporary admin login, I’ll send it to you.

Michael

Would it also be possible to center the page name and date on the main page @ revolver816.com? I managed to center the page header image on the main page of the site, but not the page name and date. =)

Michael

Figured out the temp admin thing, should I set the admin email to one of my own, or just use the one you sent to me? Do I need access to the email it is set to in order to remove that user once their task is done? Or I can just set up a new email real quick and send you the login info, if that makes any sense.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

Try changing to the default WordPress theme – do the comments appear?

Try this: http://en.support.wordpress.com/enable-disable-comments/

That page shows all of the settings for enabling/disabling comments.

As for the temp admin – you don’t need access to my email, you can simply delete the user once I’m done.

To center the page title and meta on every page, change your CSS to this:

.page-header-image-single,
    .entry-header {
        text-align: center;
    }
    Michael

Hey, I think I got it. I had to go in to the Screen Options and enable the comments on the page itself. I never even knew the Screen Options menu existed, so I’m not sure what caused Disqus to disappear in the first place, but it looks like I’ve got it back up!

Also, thanks for the CSS. Everything looks nice and proper now. =)

Looks like everything should be fine as long as I make sure the right boxes are checked on every new post. Only takes two seconds to do, so it’s an easy fix.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, I’m glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.