[Support request] Displaying Posts Using Sections: Card Style for Blog Posts

Home Forums Support Displaying Posts Using Sections: Card Style for Blog Posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cham

I am using Cornerstone to display my Blog Posts under Sections, however, the “Card Style” CSS aesthetic appearance disappears when my posts are displayed.

Previously when I simply displayed my blog posts without categorizing – the theme would display everything in a nice card style as part of the theme in a more organized fashion. However now with categorizing into sections the display is now terrible – how doi find the right CSS from the theme to display everything nicely.

Cham

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know 🙂

Cham

the website is http://www.saneprepping.com

Go under Practical Guides and click any of the dropdown menu items and you will see what l mean.

In reference to your message:

“You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.”

i have no idea what you mean by editing the original topic and using the private url field – can you be specific?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The GP blog styling will not apply to a static page your have created using Cornerstone as it is no longer an archive page. Why not just use the GP Blog to display the Posts? Just add the archive category links to your menu instead.

RE: “You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.”
    Above each of these replies there is an Edit button. If you go to your original topic ie:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/displaying-posts-using-sections-card-style-for-blog-posts/#post-1025743

And select Edit you will see the Site URL field.

Cham

That wasn’t that helpful at all as I was looking to custom edit it reuse parts of your CSS to produce the same result for my custom pages.

I won’t be using the Categories as that messes up the entire look of the site.

How – another problem l have is editing the Content Width and the Sidebar width of the theme. Are your containers fixed – is there a part of the theme that l can edit to get my desired width. The current content width is TOO NARROW.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry its not helpful, but the HTML is completely different. I am a little confused, that you want the blog style but you don’t want to use the standard category archives as this messes up the site?

You can change the Container width in Customizer > Layout > Container and change the % the sidebars occupy in Customizer > Layout > Sidebars

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.