[Support request] Display slug instead of category name in Elements

Home Forums Support [Support request] Display slug instead of category name in Elements

Home Forums Support Display slug instead of category name in Elements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Liam

Hi there

I have a site on which many of the post categories have the same name (see example here). Would it be possible to display the category slug instead of the name in the display options of Elements, just like it is in WPSP? Or maybe have this as an option? Right now I have to test each name until I’ve found the correct category.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

unfortunately that isn’t an option at the time – it is something we are looking at adding but it requires a rewrite of the display rules function.

What happens of you right click > inspect the select list item ? Maybe that displays the slug ?

Liam

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought it possibly would have been just a quick fix. Shows what I know about WP development. I couldn’t find anything useful by inspecting it.

It’s not the biggest of issues, as I’m not changing things on a daily basis. Testing which category is the “correct” category only takes me a few minutes longer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure if it will work with categories, but try this:

add_filter( 'generate_elements_show_object_ids', '__return_true' );

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.