[Resolved] Display multiple nav

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Display multiple nav

Home Forums Support Display multiple nav

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that’s a tough one.. You’d have to target those menus with a specific class (that the main menu doesn’t have), and then apply CSS to stop the mobile menu from displaying. I can help if you want to link me to a page 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom,

Knocked this up quickly – might have made it a little more complex, the actual site has the hamburger set for all devices… so all menus are a hamburger and want them to be desktop navs……

thanks for having a look.

David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which URL? Can you remove any custom CSS so I start from scratch?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom, i sent you a link – but i think i am going to have to approach this differently.
    Currently the main Nav is a slide out menu, so there is a blank assigned to the primary menu. So what i have so far wont work.
    I am thinking i need to create a pseudo menu and apply this to the primary menu which will then be displayed on the styling page. And then figure out how i disable that menu in the main navigation so it only displays the slide out. Any thoughts on that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom,

just a thought – how different is the structure of the secondary menu to the primary menu? For example styling the individual menu items, apart from the parent class, it looks to me as if the child structures are the same.

If this is the case, what do i swap generate_navigation_position() with to output the secondary?
    That way i can create my pseudo styles on the secondary but provide the code that will achieve the required output on either primary or secondary.

regards

David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm interesting idea. It would be this: generate_secondary_navigation_position()

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ha i’m not sure what to read into… “hmmm interesting idea”. And yes i might of guessed that. Well you’ll be glad to hear i’ll be out of your hair for a week travelling. I’ll let you know how this experiment works out.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Travelling sounds nice – have fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.