[Resolved] Display Different Text for Page Title

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Display Different Text for Page Title

Home Forums Support Display Different Text for Page Title

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert

By default WordPress displays the page title as the header text of the page.
    Can this be changed, so I could specify different text to be displayed at top of page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can just hide the default title and manually add whatever text you want:
    <h1>My custom title</h1>

Robert

What do you mean by “hide” the default title? I can make the title blank, so in the list of all pages it shows (no title) for the Title. What I see in the browser when the page is live is just what I want. But I have a great many such pages, so this seems impractical for being able to edit my pages, with so many of them having (no title).

Is there something else I could do or some workaround?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what Leo is describing is to use the Layout > Disable Elements meta:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

You would leave the Post title intact, which would be used for indexing and will be displayed in your archives. Then you can disable the title on each post so it doesn’t get displayed. And then set your own H1 element in the content of your post.

Or are we misreading what you require?

Robert

Ah, that is a feature I did not know about!! GeneratePress premium is wonderful! I found a simple workaround that will meet my immediate needs — I simply omitted the header in the body of the page, and then using the premium Typography module I adjusted the font size of the title to be smaller, so my longer page title is not a problem.

But I’ve only done this for 4 pages, so I may switch to using the Disable facility.

Again, you guys have come through very promptly. Scrolling through all the support requests you handle, I am amazed!

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.