[Resolved] Disappearing menu will not reappear

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disappearing menu will not reappear

Home Forums Support Disappearing menu will not reappear

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Robert

Some time in the last few days I have developed a glitch in my primary menu. When you reduce the screen size the main menu disappears and the mobile menu pops up, as it should. However when I return to full screen the mobile disappears but the main menu does not reappear. Sometimes you can catch a brief flash of it before it disappears…a css problem. I do have a child theme but I have followed the rules on this site for setting it up I believe. I am just developing this site so there are many recent new plugins and plug-outs and I am uncertain exactly when this behavior started…
    Thank you Robert
    The site is horseadvice.rnoglesby.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

horseadvice.roglesby.com doesn’t seem to be loading.

Robert

My apologies everyone that should be horseadvice.rnoglesby.com. I should be shot. I edited the first post to prevent others from wasting their time.
    Robert

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That doesn’t seem to be loading either…

Robert

I have been up too long horseadvice.rnoglesby.com should work Leo. Again I have edited the incorrect above.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That is weird. Can you disable all non-GP plugin to see if it works?

Robert

Good morning Leo, Yesterday I disabled any that I thought could affect the menu css including restoring a backup made before the site speed up plugins were activated and the problem persisted. I can go all the way today and I will get back with you once I have this done.
    Rob

Robert

All right here is what I found, I disabled each plugin in the appx. reverse order that I installed them and no better until the next to last uninstall: GPPremium 1.3.1 and voila(!) reappearing primary menu (RPM) is back, reactivated GPP and RPM no longer works. So now I start deactivating each of the features in GPP and first start with Menu Plus (MP) and again voila RPM is working again, activate: no RPM, deactivate: yes RPM. I go through all the menu setting options that I can see and all looks ok, so I push the delete Menu Plus settings on the GP Customizer Page and now RPM is working with MP selected. No idea what I did to the settings to create this effect but I aam going to experiment more (save current state, load last back up and push the magic button again). Thank you for your help and patience with my fumbling start.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this is solved for now? Let us know if you need more help ๐Ÿ™‚

Robert

The ghost returns, I restored the site to the point it was at this morning before I began the plugin deletions and the non-RPM is back so I go and export my MP settings then, confidently, delete them and damn….still non-RPM. So I go and inactivate MP and still non-RPM. This morning I did go through the menus looking for errors just before deactivating MP/deleting MP edits so I will go try that now but note that did not change the RPM behavior last time prior to deactivating MP/deleting but perhaps some combination. I have been very careful to not get confused by cache pages between tests. Here is the MP export info:
    {“mobile_header”:”enable”,”mobile_header_sticky”:”enable”,”mobile_header_auto_hide_sticky”:false,”sticky_menu”:”true”,”auto_hide_sticky”:false,”sticky_menu_effect”:”none”,”slideout_menu”:”false”}

Robert

Robert

Well that was simple, change the title of the primary menu from Topics to HA Main Menu and the RPM functions properly then go and reactivate MP and the RPM works right. Last time I changed the title before deactivating MP with no change this time changing the title while deactivated and voila, reactivate and still voila. I went back and changed the menu back to Topics without breaking the thing….Perhaps this was an issue of cache, though I have cleared it between experiments each time but I have seen such issues before. I guess I am now fixed but am wondering if you see anything in all this to give me a clue to avoid doing this again.
    Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very strange – never heard of something like this.

Let me know if it happens again.

Robert

As soon as I enabled sticky menu the navigation menu would not reappear on enlarging the screen and now it is intermittent. Take off sticky menu and things work fine except no sticky menu.
    Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a bug currently with sidebar navigations when sticky. Been working on it today and it will be fixed in the next versions of GP + GPP ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.