[Support request] Disable Header not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Disable Header not working

Home Forums Support Disable Header not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jessica

I have purchased the GP Premium and have had all the disable options working up until I purchased an SSL certificate. Since changing to HTTPS, disable header no longer works. I have tried creating a new page and testing it there and it still doesn’t work. The other disable functions seem to work but not Header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can link me to the page that’s not working?

Jessica

Oh yes of course!
    thetitfairy.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jessica,

Not sure which part you are trying to disable?

Looks like the entire site, including the header, are inserted by BB.

Let us know.

Jessica

Yes but I should be able to disable the header from appearing on certain pages with your disable function. It has worked on lulu.thetitfairy.com but why not on thetitfairy.com
    I am using BB to build the site but your theme for certain functions eg. disable.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your site needs to use the GP header in order for the disable elements option to work, as it only knows to look for GP elements.

Jessica

Well why does it work literally everywhere else on my site? It has worked this entire time until I added the SSL certificate. Previously I used a code to remove it but that has also stopped working.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The areas where it’s working are most likely still using GP functionality.

In this case, you’ve replaced the GP header with a custom BB element, so the disable elements option doesn’t find the GP element and can’t remove it.

Jessica

It must be working as it removes the footer which is also BB but anything I use to remove the header does not work on this site anymore.

Jessica

The other areas are a copy of thetitfairy.com so it’s made the exact same way. That is not the issue here.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The footer has the correct class for disable elements to work: site-footer

The header is missing the class that disable elements is looking for: site-header

However, in the version of GP Premium that was just released, it no longer uses these classes and directly removes the HTML from the page.

Depending on how you’ve added the header, that might fix this issue.

Jessica

I’ve added the header the exact same way I’ve added the footer. I used the BB Header Footer plugin.
    I’ll try updating GP.

Jessica

Turns out I already have the latest version. I assume that’s why it works for everything else. I think there is just an issue with this sites header. I will try deleting the site and uploading a copy of it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

From what I saw, the header was missing that important site-header class.

Not sure why that would happen – let me know if re-uploading fixes it 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.