[Support request] Disable Full Width First Post on Custom Post Type Archive Page with Columns

Home Forums Support [Support request] Disable Full Width First Post on Custom Post Type Archive Page with Columns

Home Forums Support Disable Full Width First Post on Custom Post Type Archive Page with Columns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joona

Hey! I use a column layout with “First Post Full Width” enabled. This seems to be applied to custom post type archives as well. I have enabled columns for custom post type archives, but I wouldn’t want the first post to be full width on the archive pages. Is there a way to disable the full width first post on custom post type archive pages?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

On all custom post type archives, or just a specific one?

Let me know 🙂

Joona

Just one specific custom post type archive.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could do this:

.post-type-archive-video .generate-columns.featured-column {
        width: 50%;
        float: left;
    }

video being the name of the CPT.

Joona

Yeah, this does the trick, although I was looking for a solution that would’ve skipped loading the image in that size in the first place. But I guess that the impact in load times are nominal.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can always tell GP to have a featured post only in specific post types. Might be worth waiting for GPP 1.5 though, as the featured post option has changed a bit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.