[Resolved] Disable Featured Image on Mobiles and Tablet

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable Featured Image on Mobiles and Tablet

Home Forums Support Disable Featured Image on Mobiles and Tablet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Hugo

Hi,

Can you let me know how can I disable the featured image on mobile and tablets? Tried on the customizing, but couldn’t find any option for it.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

To clarify: Do you want to remove the featured image on both single post page and blog list page?

Let us know.

Hugo

Just on the single post. I want to have the featured image on desktop and blog, but on mobile and tablets I want to disable the featured image on the single blog posts.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would require some CSS like this to hide your Header Element on smaller screens:

@media(max-width: 1024px) {
        .page-hero {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Hugo

Thank you for your help.

Could you let me know step by step how can I add that code to my WordPress website? Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Simplest method:

1. Go to Customizer > Additional CSS
    2. Paste the code in there – if theres already code in there just insert a new line at the top and paste it there.
    3. Publish changes.

Steve

Hi, I have a couple of follow up questions about hiding the featured image on mobile.

In the Additional CSS section, there is already code in there. I have not manually added any css, so is this part of my theme, or how I have designed the site? Here is a screenshot.

GP css

Also, if I add the css mentioned here to hide the featured image on mobile, do I use the Enter key to insert a new row at the top, before this part /* GeneratePress Site CSS */ .inside-article,?

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that CSS would have been imported when you added a Site from the GP Site Library.

Thats correct, you can place the cursor at the start of the very first line ie. /* Gener..... and hit return a couple of times to give you some space to add your new code.

Steve

Thank you for getting back to me. I don’t know if I did something wrong or what. I added the css to the top of the Additional CSS panel, but I can still see the image on mobile. I also ran a couple of different URLs through Google PageSpeed Insights and I can see the images in the preview pane for mobile off to the right.

Here is the first bit of css after I added it. Any ideas?

@media
    (max-width: 1024px) {
    .page-hero {
    }
    }

/* GeneratePress Site CSS */ .inside-article,
    .sidebar .widget,
    .comments-area {
    border: 1px solid rgba(232, 234, 237, 1);
    box-shadow: 0 0 10px rgba(232, 234, 237, 0.5);
    }

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic and link us to the page in question?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve

No problem, I just opened a new ticket.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll get to it shortly.

Hugo

Hey guys, Sorry to re-open this topic but I was trying to disable the featured image for all blog posts only on mobile and the code from previous messages doesn’t work here.

What should I do? I want the featured image on the desktop but not on mobile (trying to speed up my website).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the above is for a site using a Header Element, to remove the featured image from the page – try this:

@media(max-width: 768px) {
        .single-post .featured-image {
        }
    }
    Hugo

Thank you David. It worked Perfectly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.