[Resolved] Disable featured image on both Single and Frontpage view for select posts?

Home Forums Support Disable featured image on both Single and Frontpage view for select posts?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Is it possible to have the featured image disable on both the Single and Archive/Homepage view?

I’m using the Layout metabox to disable the featured image on select posts. It works great when viewing the Single version of the post, but I’d love the option to also disable it on my frontpage view. This quick video shows how the Disable Featured Image option works on single posts, but not the homepage.

Thanks in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s not possible to selectively disable the featured images on posts/archive pages unfortunately.

If you don’t want the featured image to show in both single posts and archives, wouldn’t it be easier to just remove the featured image?

Ryan

Ah darn, that’s unfortunate. Thanks for the reply though!

You’re correct that removing the featured image would be easy. However, I always upload a featured image for every post for social media sharing & SEO purposes. There are times when I don’t want to visually display the image, but I still want the image to exist for all the ancillary purposes.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using an SEO plugin? If so it should have an option to let you upload an image to display when sharing on social media.

That would be the best solution.

Ryan

Yes, I do have that setup! The limitation there is the fallback image (in our case, we use our logo) then gets repeatedly used for multiple posts, which is unfortunate. Currently, about 1 in 4 of our posts don’t display the featured image on the frontend. If we relied on the fallback image only, that means 25% of our posts would all use the same fallback image when being shared on social media.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh I see.

I’ve mentioned this to our team and see if we can make the layout element work for the posts/archive pages as well.

I will say that it’s not a very common request but will see what we can do πŸ™‚

Ryan

Cheers, thanks mate! I totally understand that it’s not a comment request too πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.