[Support request] Disable featured image for all posts

Home Forums Support [Support request] Disable featured image for all posts

Home Forums Support Disable featured image for all posts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ketil

Hi. Is there a quick way to disable the featured image by default from post view, leaving it only to show in post-grid/posts widget?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This can be done in the customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

Click the Posts tab then uncheck Display featured image.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Ketil

Hi. Thanks, here’s a follow up. I’m doing this because the featured image sometimes doesn’t look so good when added to articles (format and proportions), but I want it to show in posts-overview. Using Elementor “posts” widget, and from what I can tell it only shows featured image, not images added to post body. The problem now is that if you link to the post from Facebook, no images show in link, only logo from site. Is there any “trick” that you know of that works as a workaround for this?
    How can I make sure links look “pretty” on Facebook.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using any SEO plugins ? as they generally provide a social sharing image feature, that will use the featured image you set in the post editor.

Ketil

Hi. Not using any SEO-plugins, but it will solve my problem if I do?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah, most of the SEO plugins add social sharing images, which will add the necessary OpenGraph and Twitter codes required to create the shared preview. That way you can add the Featured image in the post editor, and the plugin will do the rest

Ketil

Does this method mean that all shared posts will use the same image as illustration?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.