[Resolved] Disable Elements – Featured Image – Not Working In Content Template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable Elements – Featured Image – Not Working In Content Template

Home Forums Support Disable Elements – Featured Image – Not Working In Content Template

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dan

Hey, I’ve created a Content Template for Single Posts. In it, I’ve added the Post Featured Image block and toggled the ‘Link to element’ settings, as seen here: https://capture.dropbox.com/m6IGqbRHppjfHT4w.

When editing a post, within the sidebar ‘Layout’ settings, under ‘Disable Elements’, I’ve checked the ‘Featured Image’ to remove it. However, the featured image is still displayed on the post? The remove featured image setting is applied if I change the ‘Content Template’ to draft and view the post with the default template.

Does the ‘Link to element’ setting in the Content Template not allow for the ‘Disable Elements’ settings to be applied on single posts?

Dan

Sorry, I’ve just realised the ‘Link to element’ setting literally means – create a link to the element. And has nothing to do with the GP Disable Elements settings.

Is there a way I have the featured image within a Content Template respect the Disable Elements settings?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Disable Elements feature will only work with the default Themes featured image.
    However that boolean value is stored in the post meta, so with a little PHP we can do:

add_filter( 'render_block', function( $block_content, $block ) {

if ( 
            !is_admin()
            && is_single()
            && ! empty( $block['attrs']['className'] ) 
            && 'conditional-image' === $block['attrs']['className']  
            && has_post_thumbnail() 
            && get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_generate-disable-post-image', true ) === 'true' 
        ) {

$block_content = null;

}

return $block_content;

}, 10, 2 );

In this line:

&& 'conditional-image' === $block['attrs']['className']

We specify the CSS class of conditional-image ( you can change to whatever you want ) which you can add to the Blocks > Advanced Additional CSS Classes. Then that blocks content will be update to null if the post _generate-disable-post-image is true.

Let me know if that works 🙂

Dan

Hi David,

Thanks for the response; this looks like a nice solution. I went a different route because I have some conditional blocks already in place, but the get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_generate-disable-post-image', true ) === 'true' was exactly what I needed, thanks.

Dan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help 🙂

John

Hi David,

Thank you for this snippet, it’s exactly what I need. However it’s not working for me.

Here is my snippet:

add_filter( 'render_block', function( $block_content, $block ) {

if ( 
            !is_admin()
            && is_single()
            && ! empty( $block['attrs']['className'] ) 
            && 'respect-disable-featured-image' === $block['attrs']['className']  
            && has_post_thumbnail() 
            && get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_generate-disable-post-image', true ) === 'true' 
        ) {

$block_content = null;

}

return $block_content;

}, 10, 2 );

And I’ve added the class to the container for the featured image in my content template. It’s still showing up after I check “Disable featured image”. Any idea?

Thank you

EDIT: I checked that the class is correctly added in the front end

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

Can you make sure the cache is cleared including server-level cache?

And how did you add the PHP snippet?

Let me know!

John

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. Cache has been cleared too.

PHP was added using Code Snippet plugin (set to run everywhere)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to where i can see the issue ? If want to do that privately, then please raise a new topic where you can access the private info field.

John

David: I just did, thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks John

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.