[Resolved] Disable Element Missing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable Element Missing

Home Forums Support Disable Element Missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hi,

I just updated GP Premium to 1.5.6. The Disable Elements function has disappeared from the sidebar and no longer shows on the “Screen Options”. Please help!

Thanks, Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

All GP metaboxes have been merged into one “Layout” metabox, which takes up a lot less screen space.

You should see the “Layout” metabox now, which has a “Disable Elements” section.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Andrew

Ahh, sneaky… Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Graham

Hi Tom,

I know nothing stays the same when it comes to the internet, but this change means my site tutorials and screenshots are now all wrong.

For most of my members (I’m using BuddyPress) I only showed disabling elements and hid the rest. They get into enough trouble just using that.

I suppose I could use an older version, but then I would have an annoying update box all the time.

It would be good if you had the option to use a combined metabox or single ones as before. Maybe as a plugin setting?

Just my thoughts.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Graham,

This was a much needed change as we move forward, especially with Gutenberg coming out in April.

We had to change all of our tutorials as well, and still have a few to change.

Overall, it’s a positive change for everyone, as it simplifies the page editor.

Graham

Hi Tom,

Yeah I know it’s hard to accept change, especially now I’m an old aged pensioner!

I’ve just gotten spoiled using GP for so long. I use it on all my WP sites and hate the modern themes with the huge pictures and stupid scrolling content that you get lost trying to navigate.

K.I.S.S. I reckon.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP still keeps it simple – I would argue that once you get used to the new metabox, you’ll like it more. Before, there was too many metaboxes and it could make the edit page area way too messy. With everything in one area now, it’s much easier to find what you’re looking for.

I’m glad you’re still enjoying GP so much πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.