[Resolved] Disable Element Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable Element Issue

Home Forums Support Disable Element Issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Redman

Hi Tom,
    I set a featured image with my posts. I want them for social media to grab and so that they show up with the excerpts on my main page. But I don’t want them to show up on the post page itself. So I click the “disable post image/post header” button. This works but when the post goes live that gets undone and I have to go back in and check it again. Not a big deal but sometimes I schedule posts well in advance and then forget to uncheck it for awhile.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So once you go back and check it to remove again and save – does it become unchecked? Or does that only happen the first time?

Aaron Redman

Just happens when the post goes live. During the draft process and once the post is live the box stays checked.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So once the post is live (scheduled time is reached), the checkbox stays checked, or unchecks?

I just tested this on about 5 posts and didn’t notice any issues.

Aaron Redman

Once live I can go and check the box and it stays checked. There is just something that happens when the post goes live and the box gets unchecked.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just tested this again.

Created a post and scheduled it for an hour.

Disabled all available elements using the Disable Elements add-on.

Came back and checked out the published post – all of those elements were disabled.

Then I went into edit the post, and all of the checkboxes were checked.

Can you try testing with your other plugins disabled to make sure there’s no plugin conflicts going on?

Thanks!

Aaron Redman

Sounds like I have a problem specific to me. I’ll get back to you if I figure out what was going on. Thanks so much for your help as always!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Will be interesting to see if it’s a plugin conflict or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.