[Resolved] Difficulties with creating a full-width layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Difficulties with creating a full-width layout

Home Forums Support Difficulties with creating a full-width layout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dilip

Hey Tom,

I wanted to create a full width site on one of my domains. The site is at stores4domains.com
    You can see that I have used a couple of page builders as well on this site.

Now the issue is that I wanted some of the headers to be full width like you would see in some of the pages which have images that span from one end to the other. In order to do that I had to set the container width to the maximum in the Layout options.

But what that is doing is that the Blog page also extends to the both edges making it look very ugly. You can see that here – http://stores4domains.com/blog

Is there a way around this? Is there any other way I can make this a full width page?

Regards

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Header width actually has its own option so you can set it full width: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-layout/

Let me know if this helps.

Dilip

Hi Leo,

That doesn’t really solve the purpose.

Actually I am using beaver builder for building some of the landing pages. On a given page I have a few sections which have images that stretch from one end to the and has content overlaying the image.

I cannot do that with the header option. In order for the section to stretch to both ends, I need the container to be full width. But that breaks the entire blog page.

Is there a way I can put a narrow page for the blog and the rest remains a full width layout.

Regards

Dilip

Never mind. I figured it out. It was lame on me to not read the documentation.

I have set the layout to a contained width of 950px and then used the full width for each of those individual pages and that worked.

You guys are simply awesome. The kind of functionalities you guys have added into the theme is simply uncomparable.

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.