[Resolved] Different typography menues in two identical GP installations

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different typography menues in two identical GP installations

Home Forums Support Different typography menues in two identical GP installations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ulrich

I run GP Premium on two German websites (same host), version 3.1.3 (theme) and 2.1.2 (GP Premium).
    In installation 1 the last item of the list of modules is called “Typography” and it says that this menu has been abandoned and it recommends using dynamic typography setting instead. There is an option to deactivate this module.
    In installation 2 this item is not in the list (padding setting being the last).
    When I deactivate “Typography” in the list of modules in installation 1 and select “Typography System”, it allows to set options for body and H1 to H3, but not for headlines H4 to H6. No settings for other elements are available.
    In Installation 2 the menu is different and allows to add settings for various elements including H1 to H6. There is also a trash icon.
    I uninstalled the theme in installation 1 and reinstalled it, but the behaviour did not change. I checked for cache plug-ins but could not find any.
    Do you have a solution to this problem?
    Thank you very much,
    Kind Regards,
    Ulrich Scharmer from Munich/Germany (one week from the opening of the “Oktoberfest”)

Update 2022-09-09
    As supposed, the problem was a previous version of GeneretePress from 2020. I deleted all files in the WordPress folder of my webspace and the database as well. After creating a new database and performing a clean reinstallation of WordPress and the GeneratePress Theme including the GP-Premium plug-in everything was o.k.
    No reply necessary. 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you got it working.

Just for information: if you have an older isntall of GeneratePress, you need to go to Customizer > General to enable the new Dynamic Typography options.

Ulrich

Hi David,
    the typography options were available, but i could only select three types of headlines (H1 to H3). I suppose these are the elements I had defined in my older install. I don’t know why other elements were not available in this menu. Maybe a conflict with earlier entries in the database. Anyway, ist was good to do a clean install.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got that working !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.