[Support request] Different sticky navigations behavior with the same configuration

Home Forums Support [Support request] Different sticky navigations behavior with the same configuration

Home Forums Support Different sticky navigations behavior with the same configuration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jorge

Hi, can you help me, please, to tell me why, with the same configuration, the Sticky menu behavior is different in some pages? I mean that the sticky menu goes from top left to top right in this:

https://informaticademadrid.com/ and has a size of 1263 px

But in this other:
    https://www.plataformascebrian.com/ has a size of 1100 px

I´ve checked that in both sites the configuration in Customize > Design > container > container widht is 1100 px

I promise I´ve waisted some hours making mofications in both and I do not know why. I´ve checked it also after deleted all my styles in my childtheme

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation

1. Temporarily change the Location to Below header.
    2. You should see some other options – make sure the Inner Navigation Width is set to Contained.
    3. Once its set to contained change the Location back to how you had it – and publish those changes.

Jorge

Perfect David, thanks a lot. Please tell me that is something like an “issue” becasue you must do theese changes so the menu takes that behaviour and that I´m not so stupid. 🙂

Thanks and have a great new year David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its more a foible of how the GP Customizer Logic works – the system removes options that are not applicable when certain conditions are met.

In this case: when the Nav is Floated in the site header, the Nav Width options wouldn’t work so they are removed. This of course does present an issue if they have been changed and the sticky nav is enabled.

Maybe we can take a look at making that more intuitive such as changing the labels for Sticky Navigation when this is the case.

Jorge

Well, I´m sure that there are many thing that can be enhanced but the most important, as you know that I think, is the support that you give us.

It is perfect for me David. Thanks and a big hug.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.