[Resolved] Different right margin/padding in main navigation and sticky navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different right margin/padding in main navigation and sticky navigation

Home Forums Support Different right margin/padding in main navigation and sticky navigation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alvaro

Hi,

I’m not figuring out why I have a different right margin/padding in my main navigation and sticky navigation.

My guess is I’ve messed with CSS and/or Customizer options and now the sticky menu slightly moves left when scrolling. Can you see it? Can you figure it out?

Thanks.

Álvaro

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

why not use the navigation logo for sticky and static navigation?
    Then you can do away with the site-identity logo and the header (set the padding to zero). And just make sure to set the Navigation to below the header. Then the nav should remain the same for sticky and static. Let me know.

Alvaro

Thanks David. Let me see if I fully understand what you’re suggesting, you kind of lost me in “why not”… 😀

I’ll try it out and get back to you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha – let me know 🙂

Alvaro

OK, I think I finally got it! Wasn’t easy. Is there some specific documentation for it? I want to have it referenced as I’m surely going to stumble on it in the future.

Other question: there’s no Favorite topics or Subscribe to topics commands anymore in this forum? I miss it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Theres this:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-logo/

It actually provides some CSS to completely hide the ‘header’

The subscribe to was dropped as it was creating a huge amount of email traffic…..

Alvaro

Thanks for your help David. (I do miss the Favorite command, I like bookmarking solved issues for future reference.)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. Leo and Tom are continually adding to the documentation, so you may find a lot of stuff is in there. Any new doc’s are now getting posted on the GP Facebook Community as well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.