[Resolved] Different page hero for home, page and post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different page hero for home, page and post

Home Forums Support Different page hero for home, page and post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Annamari

Hi,

is it possible to create a different page hero element for the homepage, pages and posts?
    On pages, I’d like to show the page title and excerpt on the background image, on posts the title and post meta, and on the home page some custom text and buttons.

Thank you for any insight!

Annamari

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes, for sure – you can create as many Header Elements as you like. You just need to set unique Display Rules for each one.

Examples:
    Home Page – display rule: Front Page.
    All Posts – display rule: Posts > All Posts
    All Pages – display rule: Pages > All Pages

One thing to be mindful of is Display Rules that have a Global Scope such as the Entire Site. Heres an example:

1. Global Header – Display Rules: Entire Site …. used for the Entire Site.
    2. Post Header – Display Rules: Posts > All Posts …. just my Posts.
    3. Specific Pages – Display Rules: Pages > A Specific Page.

However … for this to work i would need to edit the Global Header and set some Exclusions in the Displays Rules which in this case would be:
    Exclude: Posts > All Posts
    Exclude: Page > A Specific Page.

More info on Header Element here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Let us know if you need help with the specific setup.

Annamari

Thank you, David, this sounds good. Could you show me some guidance about placing the menu over the header image?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

For sure… in your Header Element there is a Site Header tab. Go to that, and check the Merge with Content option.

This will provide an option to change the Site Header colors and a check box to edit the Navigation colors.
    Here you can change the backgrounds to transparent and change the text link colors if you wish.

This will only apply those colors and the merge to that particular Header Element.

Annamari

Thanks, David, it works! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.